CAMPFIRE Innovation is an organisation active in refugee aid in Greece since September 2016. Our role is to unite the grassroots community. The grassroots community includes: volunteer projects, small non-profit organisations, local communities. We coordinate smarter, more effective aid projects that improve conditions for thousands of refugees, guaranteeing them dignity.
Our activities include:
- Community events to increase collaboration and coordination amongst teams.
- Match & Connecting various projects to resources (volunteers, legal support, tech tools etc.) to help them grow.
- Pro Bono Expert Volunteers program with the goal to increase the capacity of grassroots organisations
We are searching for long term Volunteers.
The volunteer will closely cooperate with the Director in order to develop a system for mapping operating organisations and their needs in the area.
- Experience with the refugee crisis preferred but not necessary if the volunteer is available to volunteer at the same time in another organisation the field.
- Analytical skills and interest in research necessary.
- Experience/Understanding of CRM, tech project development.
- Ability to use visualisation tools.
- Knowledge of Django/Python framework.
- Experience/Understanding of data analysis and data management systems.
- Confidence in interacting with other organisations and other members of the team.
- Currently located in Athens or willing to relocate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in arranging visits and developing relationships with organisations and teams working in the field.
- Insert collected data in the database.
- Create new features for the admin interface of the database.
- Find user friendly solutions for displaying the database to other members of the team and to the organisations.
- Minimum requirement: 5-7 hours per week
- Part time: 15 - 20 hours per week