Vacancy: Outreach Officers (x4)
Location: Athens, lesvos, Chios, Samos
Position type: Volunteer
re:viewed are looking for individuals already located in the listed locations in Greece to help us reach out to and manage relationships with humanitarian service providers and service users.
Main roles and responsibilities
- Follow up with existing partners, identify and support operational needs
- Identify, reach out to, bring on board new partners. Set up meetings, share info about re:viewed.
- Disseminate communication materials to partners and their service users
- Set up and facilitate focus group discussions with service users / community facilitators (demonstrate how to use the site, solicit feedback, answer questions, receive inputs, etc).
- Inform and support the development of community facilitation methodology.
- Anything else as it transpires.
Preferably you are a resident or a ‘long term’ independent volunteer in one of the above locations. You have a deep understanding of the refugee and humanitarian context in Greece, including the main stakeholders and operating organisations.
Ideally, you are a mature 25+ year old, with confidence to approach new partners and establish connections (an informal approach is preferred).
Essentially, you understand and champion the aims of re:viewed because they resonate with you. You are passionate and connected, but not overwhelmed by the day to day picture. This is because the role requires you to be able to see the context from a birds eye view and to be able to maintain a level of independence in order to reach out to organisations across the board.
You should also
- Be able to commit to re:viewed for around 10 hours a week. Less will still be considered, more is very welcome.
- Be available for a minimum of one month, and able to recruit your successor
- Have your own laptop / tablet / smart phone
Staffed currently by remote volunteers, re:viewed is a platform for transparent service user feedback in the humanitarian sector. We believe that transparent feedback could be a game changer in the effort to improve accountability to service users, to inform giving and to address the INGO and grassroots / local divide.
We want the opinions of service users, for better or worse, to become one of the most important and normal variables when aid effectiveness is discussed, determined and acted upon. Because, despite being accommodated for in the Core Humanitarian Standard, feedback mechanisms in practice are sorely missing in the sector. More info on the concept of transparent feedback, accountability and informed giving can be read here: https://medium.com/@info_reviewed.org/humanitarian-giving-in-the-absence-of-feedback-a45715243e82
We are using a simple review site that enables general or organisation specific reviews to be made to test / prove the concept. Reviews can be left by service users (refugees), organisations can respond and the idea is that the reviews are then in turn shared with the organisations support base and further. In parallel we want the process to inform the design and development of the next sites functions, as well as how we receive reviews and the necessity for facilitation.
Email Tina firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and short note about why you’d like to be an outreach officer with us as soon as possible.
Looking forward to hearing from you – thank you!