CAMPFIRE Innovation is an organisation active in refugee aid in Greece since September 2016. Our role is to unite the grassroots community. The grassroots community includes: volunteer projects, small non-profit organisations, local communities. We coordinate smarter, more effective aid projects that improve conditions for thousands of refugees, guaranteeing them dignity.
Our activities include:
- Monthly Smart Aid Gatherings to increase collaboration and coordination amongst teams.
- Match & Connecting various projects to resources (volunteers, legal support, tech tools etc.) to help them grow.
- Pro Bono Expert Volunteers program with the goal to increase the capacity of grassroots organisations.
Without our roster of volunteers, we would be unable to undertake most of our work, especially the implementation of new, innovative smart projects on the ground. The role of Volunteer Coordinator is key in our success in recruiting the right talent and properly training them to be ambassadors for smart aid and efficient members of the CAMPFIRE Innovation team.
- Experience with the refugee crisis preferred but not necessary if the volunteer is available to volunteer at the same time in another organisation in the field.
- Proven skills in assessing skills & personality of team members
- Strong management & coordination skills
- Willingness to research & identify new partners, ability to communication with organisations in the grassroots field and with corporate world.
- Ability to think critically about the recruitment process and keep improving it
- Critical and analytical thinking.
- Able to work well in teams.
- Ability to quickly put together written documentation
- Able to react quickly to the ever-shifting needs of the refugee situation and of a startup team
- Athens based or willing to relocate.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Identify platforms to post calls for volunteers and attract volunteer applications
- Assess applicants received for various position in CAMPFIRE Innov
- Recruit volunteers fulfilling the requirements
- Share relevant information before the arrival of the volunteers
- Organise on-arrival orientation for new volunteers
- Part time Athens: 15 to 20 hours per week.
For long term volunteers, we can offer a living stipend and/or future possible extension to salaried position.