CAMPFIRE Innovation is an organisation active in refugee aid in Greece since September 2016. Our role is to unite the grassroots community. The grassroots community includes: volunteer projects, small non-profit organisations, local communities. We coordinate smarter, more effective aid projects that improve conditions for thousands of refugees, guaranteeing them dignity.
Our activities include:
- Monthly Smart Aid Gatherings to increase collaboration and coordination amongst teams.
- Match & Connecting various projects to resources (volunteers, legal support, tech tools etc.) to help them grow.
- Pro Bono Expert Volunteer Program though which we increase the capacity of grassroots organisations.
We search for long term volunteers.
D & P Volunteers assess incoming requests for donations, support, partnerships for the teams we work with. The volunteer also researches fundraising opportunities for Campfire Innovation and prepares grant applications and reports.
- Experience with the refugee crisis preferred but not necessary if the volunteer is available to volunteer at the same time in another organisation the field.
- Previous fundraising experience required.
- Confidence in interacting with partners, donors and funders.
- Experience/Understanding of writing funding applications.
- Critical and analytical thinking.
- Previous experience in due diligence or assessment of projects.
- Athens based or remote.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify and maintain contact with funders and donors.
- Conduct assessment of incoming partners and projects.
- Build relationships with partners and ensure ongoing communications.
- Liaising with the community outreach team to identify good matches on the ground.
- Act as an advocate of different organisations and their needs.
- Pursue other funding and grant opportunities.
- Minimum time requirement or Remote: 5 to 7 hours per week.
- Part time Athens: 15 to 20 hours per week.