CAMPFIRE Innovation is an organisation active in refugee aid in Greece since September 2016. Our role is to unite the grassroots community. The grassroots community includes: volunteer projects, small non-profit organisations, local communities. We coordinate smarter, more effective aid projects that improve conditions for thousands of refugees, guaranteeing them dignity.
Our activities include:
- Monthly Smart Aid Gatherings to increase collaboration and coordination amongst teams.
- Match & Connecting various projects to resources (volunteers, legal support, tech tools etc.) to help them grow.
The volunteer will closely cooperate with the Director in order to develop a system for mapping operating organisations and their needs in the area.
- Experience with the refugee crisis preferred but not necessary if the volunteer is available to volunteer at the same time in another organisation the field.
- Analytical skills and interest in research necessary.
- Experience/Understanding of CRM, tech project development.
- Ability to use visualisation tools.
- Knowledge of Django/Python framework.
- Experience/Understanding of data analysis and data management systems.
- Confidence in interacting with other organisations and other members of the team.
- Currently located in Athens or willing to relocate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in arranging visits and developing relationships with organisations and teams working in the field.
- Insert collected data in the database.
- Create new features for the admin interface of the database.
- Find user friendly solutions for displaying the database to other members of the team and to the organisations.
- Minimum requirement: 5-7 hours per week
- Part time: 15 - 20 hours per week