We are looking for individuals to lead and support adult learning, community involvement and integration projects, and to facilitate women’s and children’s activities, and distributions.
Individuals with professional knowledge and skill in childhood development, trauma informed care, child and adult education, and language ability in Greek/Arabic/Sorani/French, who can commit to volunteer are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our team works alongside the population of Larissa-Koutsochero camp. This camp, located 20km west of the beautiful student city of Larissa, has a current population of about 700 people, with a maximum capacity of 1500. We are seeking to maintain and develop projects on and off camp which respond to community identified priorities and which promote wellbeing, skills development, self-determination, and integration.
We are looking for Volunteers to support:
- Community Involvement. InterVolve seeks to fill gaps and offer resources and support to all at Koutsochero Camp. As working alongside the community is paramount , we are seeking long term volunteers, preferably with Arabic, Sorani or French language skills, to support and plan consultation activities with our communities, to develop systems for sustained participation and feedback, and to implement events and services that meet community needs.
- Adult Learning & Activities. Adult learning needs remain unmet at Koutscohero Camp. We are seeking qualified Teachers or ESL instructors to lead, develop, and support a new program of directed and self-directed adult learning and life skills workshops
- Children & Youth Activities. Children constitute half of the population at Koutsochero Camp, and our library hour, craft and recreation activities, meet a crucial need. We seek individuals to direct and support our daily program of educational, creative, physical, and fun activities for children. Those experienced in childhood development, trauma education, and social work, are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Integration. Supporting people to build local life skills, cultural awareness and connections, and to achieve economic independence . We are looking for individuals, especially those local to Larisa or Greece, to build on our existing programmes and to develop and implement an integration support project for residents.
- Women’s Space. Our Pink House Women’s Space and Salon is a space of community, where women and young women can come together in a safe supportive space to take a rest from camp, make new friendships, and take part in activities e.g. sewing, making jewelry, doing hair and nails, and, dancing. We are seeking a long term volunteer to be a part of this community, assisting with women’s requests, and ensuring the space remains welcoming and peaceful.\Free Shop & Warehouse. Our newly opened Free Shop is a hub for distribution of fruit and vegetables, dry food, and hygiene and clothing items. We are seeking volunteers to assist in all aspects of the operation of the shop, including sorting at the Warehouse, preparing needs lists, staffing the space, and ensuring it is organised, welcoming, and useful.
Please see the this document for more information on the volunteer positions. You can see a good snapshot of our existing team and work on our website and at our Facebook Page. To apply please fill in the following form
If you have any questions you can contact us at email@example.com