CAMPFIRE Innovation is an organisation active in refugee aid in Greece since September 2016. Our role is to unite the grassroots community. The grassroots community includes: volunteer projects, small non-profit organisations, local communities. We coordinate smarter, more effective aid projects that improve conditions for thousands of refugees, guaranteeing them dignity.
Our activities include:
- Monthly Smart Aid Gatherings to increase collaboration and coordination amongst teams.
- Match & Connecting various projects to resources (volunteers, legal support, tech tools etc.) to help them grow.
We are searching for long term Media Volunteers starting at the end of August / beginning of September.
Campfire Innovation's social media channels publish unique content, interact with like-minded grassroots projects, connect volunteers to local resources, and report the most pressing issues concerning the world of grassroots humanitarian aid.
We are looking for volunteers for the media team who can produce content, whether in the form of posts or longform blog pieces, that can thoughtfully engage with the issues that matter, as well as providing a platform to support other projects in the European grassroots community. At the same time, we are searching for a volunteer who would be able to define media strategy, take care of the PR and branding of Campfire Innovation.
Feel free to apply for this position even though you are not fulfilling all the job requirements as this job will be a shared one.
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience/Understanding of producing and scheduling social media content.
- Experience/Understanding of using analytics tools to monitor the progress of each social media channel.
- Confidence in interacting with other organisations and using the social media channel as a networking platform.
- Experience/Understanding of designing media strategies.
- Experience/Understanding of branding strategies.
- Familiarity with web design and publishing.
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- A keen interest in grassroots humanitarian aid, and a desire to research specialist areas to create unique, insightful reports for the Medium blog page.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Designing social media strategies and branding strategies.
- Building positive relationships with other organisations, media, donors and the public.
- Producing and scheduling social media posts for the Campfire Innovation Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Writing longer topical blog features for the Campfire Innovation Medium page.
- Interviewing grassroots organisations and creating short written and/or video interviews to publish in the social media and blog
- Monitoring the social media channels for relevant news or trends, responding to engagements with the accounts and providing updates to the rest of the Campfire Innovation team.
- Analysing and reporting the monthly results for each social media channel for internal use.
- Media strategy: 3-6 hours a week
- PR: 3-6 hours a week
- Branding : 3-6 hours a week
- Webpage updating: 3-6 hours a week
- Social Media content and reporting: 3-6 hours a week
- Blog research and writing: 3-6 hours a week
- Interviews and editing: 3-6 hours per week