How to use this site
GreeceVol.info is a big list of everything related to volunteering with refugees in Greece. Use the search features liberally!
If you're completely new to volunteering
, start with the (you guessed it!) getting started
Core site functions
- Volunteers needed: Help wanted. Any user can post. (Please don't post your skills here; coordinators don't have time to search.)
- Supplies: See what's needed (or offered) on the ground. Any user can post.
- Teams: See who's working where, in what field.
- Places: Every camp, recommended hotel, shop, etc. Filter by type and/or region. Click 'show results on map' to create a map with selected pins.
- People: Every user on this site, searchable by skill. Emergency numbers; taxi/bus numbers.
- Useful links: Your volunteer tool kit. Phrase lists. Much, much more!
- Room-sharing board
- Email alerts when new items are posted. (Check boxes in your profile; click login name in upper right to edit.)
- Mark posts to view later; they will be under 'My...' under your login name.
- Feedback: Read comments from previous volunteers (and share yours here).
Sign up as a coordinator to represent your group and post your needs. We admins will repost info we see on Facebook, but we really love you when you post here yourself.
- Teams: Add your organisation or team (form here), and edit your profile at any time. We'll remind you to update it periodically.
- Volunteer calls: Get the word out for immediate needs or ongoing ones. Set another person as the contact, if needed. Posts automatically downgrade in urgency, and expire on a date you set. We'll send you reminders.
- Make an online schedule, with different levels to sign up to ensure participation. Here's an example.
- Supplies: Post urgent needs or ongoing ones. Warehouse overstocked? Post a supply offer. We'll send reminders.
- Useful links: Legal details, "basics" packets for every region of Greece and helpful docs such as warehouse labels. Email email@example.com if you have any corrections/additions. You can also post new links yourself.
- For flexibility, sign up with your group's general email (firstname.lastname@example.org, for example). You can hand off the account to a new volunteer if needed.
- Work in logistics? Be sure to sign up for email alerts for new supply offers and requests. (Edit your profile; click your login name, upper-right corner.)
- Find all posts you've ever put up, even expired ones, under "My..." under your login name.
- FAQs from volunteers? Direct them to our "starter kit" page.
Who made this?
An anonymous volunteer dreamed it up and wrote the code.
Information Point for Lesvos Volunteers
admins maintain and build the data.
We're all reachable at email@example.com
Thank you for all your hard work.